Friday, March 7, 2008

Winter Dream

I want to be warm again. The winter is so long, so dark and so cold. I want to feel the heat of the sun slowly baking into my body, re-energizing me. I want to see the sun shining brightly, making people smile again. I want to walk out the door without 4 layers of clothes, not having to scrunch my self into my coat to hide from the bitterness of winter.

I don't hate winter, I just wish it was shorter. Snow is pretty. It's picturesque. Winter helps us to appreciate the rebirth that happens every spring. We live in a constant, ever changing work of art. No canvas could ever reproduce the beauty that the changing of the seasons presents us with each year. I would love it if I could be snuggled up on a soft rug, in front of a roaring fire with a nice glass of red wine. I would welcome the cold if I could even occasionally be wrapped up in you. Held close by your strong arms. Laying my head on your chest, absorbing your wonderful clean smells, feeling the softness of your hair, the tenderness of your lips, just letting the world go by, even for just a short time .

1 comment:

Angell said...

Love it - and love the new look. You went totally Glinda huh? :P